Tuesday, April 13, 2010

AI baby talk: Gmail does something cool.

So this is really minor, I know, but I need to rave about it somewhere because it was just so very cool.

Today I was composing an email to a friend and firing her an essay I wrote that I thought she might be interested in.  It was just a short note and when I hit send, gmail popped up a dialog box and said, "did you mean to attach a file to this email? You typed the words "I have attached..." but there is no attached file. send anyway?"

And how is that for just being spot on smart and doing the right thing???

Way to go Google.

(I shall ignore the ominous undertones inherent in the fact that my email program is reading my emails without me being aware of it. We are not screaming about Google knowing too much about us... yet. well, this is not really fair - we all know Google has been reading our emails for years, it's how they decide what ads to place on the page while we are editing, but still.)

No comments:

Post a Comment